USING GOOGLE EMAIL FOR BUSINESS
Web E-Mail Hosting
LOCAL E-MAIL HOSTING
What Is Gmail for Business (G Suite Email)?
There are some important differences between the free version of Gmail and Gmail for Business (G Suite email). Some of these differences will be important to business owners and others who need more than what basic Gmail has to offer.
Some benefits of G Suite email include:
- Match your email domain name to your corporate web site with a custom domain name.
- Enjoy around the clock technical support by phone, email, or online.
- Google-sponsored ads are gone.
- Save more messages with increased cloud storage—starts at 30 GB.
- Use other packages (like Outlook) as an email client.
- Log in one time to access both email and other Google business tools like Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Share calendar information between multiple employees.
- Display your Logo on the Gmail interface.
Of course, there are a few disadvantages:
- Cost – While G Suite is reasonably priced, it’s not free. This could make a difference for some very small businesses.
- Familiarity – If you or your employees are more familiar with another email tool (such as Microsoft’s Outlook), there may be a learning curve.
Some situations where you may want to use G Suite email instead of the free version of Gmail include:
- You are branding your small business and it’s important for your email address to match your new website domain.
- You have employees who rely on email to do their job. You want them to use the same tool to make training easier.
- You need an email tool that includes around-the-clock technical support.
- The storage capacities of free email tools aren’t adequate for your needs.
- Your business relies heavily on other G Suite tools such as Docs, Sheets, or Slides and you want your email to integrate with these tools.
What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is the system put in place to provide storage and access to websites. Since websites hold information like images and text, a computer stores and serves that data each time the site is accessed.
Not just any computer is capable of this, though. Servers, computers purpose-built for networked storage, are used to host websites on as they are capable of transferring large amounts of data quickly. Web hosting providers own large data centers, full with thousands of servers. Millions of websites pass data through each, and that’s much of what a web host provides.
What is Local Hosting?
If you want to send or receive an email, you should have a mail server. In this post, we will discuss Linux mail server and how the SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) works as well as other mail-related protocols, like Post Office Protocol (POP) and Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) and the relationship between them.