Cross-platform apps offer the benefits of being able to reach a wider audience. These apps can be developed on a variety of platforms and still work seamlessly together, allowing businesses to target their audiences on multiple platforms instead of just one.
Choose Payment Type
CALL FOR NEGOTIATION
Number of Quantity
Cross-platform mobile app development is essential for businesses seeking to save time and money. Furthermore, some of the most well-known companies, for example, Meta, Bloomberg, Skype, Airbnb, Walmart, Pinterest and many others, use cross-platform app development for their mobile applications. Below, we describe this approach in more detail.
- Cross-Platform Apps Features
- Faster development time. Development speed is one of the best benefits of a cross-platform approach. Developers can complete the projects in less time by using a single source code for both platforms, instead of writing two codes in native development.
- Easier maintenance & deployment. With a single codebase, it is easier to deploy and maintain the app if it needs to be transformed or customized. Updates can be synchronized over all platforms and devices.
- Reduced development cost. Using the same code for all the platforms allows reducing development costs, as only one team of programmers is required to develop and maintain an app when compared to two teams for native apps development.
- Wider audience reach. When an app is compatible with both operating systems, it is used by a larger number of users, instead of native mobile app development, which covers only one part of the mobile operating landscape.
- Native cross-platform apps. Each operating system has its SDK and technology stack: Java or Kotlin for Android and Objective-C or Swift for iOS apps. Cross-platform app developers create a unified API running on top of a native SDK, make use of native IDEs, and build iOS and Android apps that share the same codebase. Native cross-platform applications are primarily built with Xamarin, React Native, and Kotlin Multiplatform.
What are the benefits of cross-platform apps?
Faster updates & flexibility
You don’t have to hire a developer for each platform
It helps you reduce the time and cost of app development
The Bottom Line